The Vault of Sighs
Creating a Gelatinous creature
“Gelatinous creature” is an acquired template that can be added to any living creature except an ooze (referred to hereafter as the base creature.) A gelatinous creature retains all the base creature’s statistics and special abilities except as noted here.
CR: Same as the base creature +2
Alignment: Always neutral.
Type: The creature’s type changes to aberration.
Armor Class: Natural armor bonus -2.
Hit Dice: Change all of the creature’s racial Hit Dice to d10s. All Hit Dice derived from class levels remain unchanged.
Damage: Gelatinous creatures have slam attacks.
Acid (Ex): The digestive acid that covers a gelatinous creature dissolves metals and organic material, but not stone. Each natural attack deals 1d6 additional acid damage. Armor or clothing worn by a creature grappled by a gelatinous creature takes the same amount of acid damage unless the wearer succeeds on a DC 20 Reflex saving throw. A wooden or metal weapon that strikes a gelatinous creature takes 1d6 acid damage unless the weapon’s wielder succeeds on a DC 20 Reflex save. The ooze’s touch deals 12 points of acid damage per round to wooden or metal objects, but the ooze must remain in contact with the material for 1 full round in order to deal this damage. The save DCs are Constitution-based.
Traits: A gelatinous creature possesses the following traits.
- Blindsight: The oozy substance of the gelatinous creature’s body acts as a primitive sensory organ that can ascertain prey within 60 feet.
- Immunity to polymorph and stunning.
- Cannot be flanked. Takes 1d6 less damage from a successful sneak attack. Takes one-half the additional damage dealt by a critical hit.
- +4 racial bonus on saves against mind-affecting effects, poison, sleep, and paralysis.
- Wakeable: Awaken ooze can be cast upon a gelatinous creature, even though it is not of the ooze type. If awaken ooze is cast this way, ignore the normal rules of the spell and only roll 3d6 once, for the Intelligence score, though add skill ranks, feats, and languages as normal.
Abilities: Con +6, Dex -4, Int drops to 1, Wis -4, Cha -4.
Skills: A gelatinous creature receives a +4 racial bonus on Hide checks due to its translucent form.
Environment: Any land and underground.